Did you know that we can take back your empty elixir jars?
One of the (many) wonderful things about glass jars is that they can be easily sanitized and reused over and over again.
If you are local to Kamloops B.C. you are able to return your jars to us and save them from the landfill or recycling facility. It's a small and easy step you can take to reduce your environmental footprint.
While it's pretty simple, here are the details you need to know in order to take part in our jar reuse program:
• Make sure your jar is clean and dry. This really helps us out in the sanitizing process! Labels can be on or off - either is fine!
• Keep the lid. We can often reuse the lids too, so if you have yours, keep it with the jar.
Then, all you need to do is drop off your jar. There are four options:
• Drop your jar off to us at any of our markets or events. We attend the Kamloops Farmer's Market every Wednesday and Saturday (which run from April to the end of October) and be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram so you know about any other upcoming events.
• If you order online and choose local downtown pickup, simply bring your jar and drop it off when you come to pick up your order.
• You can also drop off your jars at Footprints Kamloops, at #620 1055 Hillside Drive, where they will kindly hold on to them for us!
• If you are a Friendly Composter, you can set your empty jar out with your compost bucket and they will collect it!
That's it! Thank you for joining us in doing our part to reduce waste!